Pages

2010-03-18

Digital Rooftop: At the start of the dream

These past few months have been FULL of good games coming out : I still have to play Star Ocean (the PS3 version), I had a blast with Heavy Rain, I dived into Final Fantasy XIII as soon as it was available, I recently got Sands of Destruction on the DS, I've yet to complete Silent Hill Shattered Memories...

That's a lot to do.

Yet all those are going to sit on their shelf as I'm indulging in a game I've been waiting for since I first heard of it, more than a year ago. It's release date is this friday, but I managed to find a copy in a store where it had been delivered already.

So I put the disc in my console as soon as I could, but unfortunately only had half an hour to try it out. But even in such a short time, the game delighted me more than FFXIII's awesome graphics or Heavy Rain's realism could.

But which game is it, I hear you ask ? It's "Fragile Dream ~ Farewell ruins of the moon" on the Wii.

That game has it all : As Seto, you're bound to explore a derelict post-apocalyptic world from which humankind seems to have vanished entirely. Except for a silver-haired girl you meet at the start of the game, and who runs off just as quickly. And you guessed it, our brave young man will try to find her again, all the while traveling through an eerie abandoned Tokyo in the direction of the only place that shines in the cityscape : Tokyo Tower.

This plot looks almost like someone tried to make my perfect game! And seeing the beginning of the adventure only confirmed what listening to the soundtrack and watching the trailers indicated : the dreamy quest will be enchanting every step of the way. The setting oozes a strange kind of magic, the kind of which you can find in ICO or Shadow of the Colossus.

Fragile Dreams is at heart a "survival-horror" game, but from which you would replace the "horror" part with something far more dreamy and eerie (I'm gonna wear those two words out if I'm to write more than one post about this game...). And the "survival" part ? Well, looks like Seto's adventure will be more about exploring than surviving... So I guess the game is an "Exploration-Dream" after all ? Sounds about right...

1 comment:

Nefer said...

Combien de fois je t'ai pas entendu parler de ce jeu? Combien de fois a-t-on été vérifier dans les magasins s'il n'était pas sorti. Ca se compte probablement sur les doigts de la main, mais ça n'a pas été sans répercussion sur mon inconscient.

Toi et Mounir avez réveillé la bête qui dormait au fond de moi depuis fort longtemps. J'avais décroché du monde des jeux vidéos, mais en vous entendant parler, j'ai fait une rechute. J'espère que tu te sens coupable.

D'après ce que j'ai entendu de ce jeu autre part que venant de toi, il a l'air accrochant, mais quand j'entends que tu remets en cause la primauté de la qualité graphique de FFXIII, j'hésite à crier au blasphème...

Cela me pousse à te (re-)demander de faire une session "Fragile dreams" afin que je découvre ce jeu. Je dois avouer que je suis franchement curieux de voir ce qu'il donne.

Les images et bandes annonces que j'ai regardé m'ont donné une certaine impression de fraicheur, de finesse, probablement du au style de dessin. Cependant, je ne connais pas encore le système de jeu, et j'ai hâte de le découvrir.

Sinon je compatis à ton malheur, il semble bien que tu ais quelques jeux à terminer et qu'il faille de cruels décisions. Mais tu ne dois pas t'inquiéter, Mounir et moi feront un plaisir de te spoiler FFXIII, même si pour l'instant tu es plus loin.

J'espère que tu trouveras plus d'une demi-heure pour profiter de ta nouvelle acquisition alors! Pourquoi pas samedi soir en venant chez Mounir?

Amuse toi bien !